Not everyone has the passion or patience for classic cars. However, the rewards of owning one far outweighs the efforts.
We at Kunio have that passion so when you restore your car with us we treat it with the care and respect that it deserves. Whether its a regular oil change or a full nut and bolt restoration, each car is given the attention it requires.
Our owner/manager is a qualified UK engineer and has over 30 years experience in restoring classic cars. So you know your car will be in good hands.
We offer the following for all classic car enthusiasts:
- Complete resprays. Whether you wish to retain the original look or go for something bolder, we will paint your vehicle to the highest possible standards.
- Bodywork repair. Whether its treating corrosion or cosmetic, we will restore bodywork to its original spleandour.
- Engine dressing. We can sandblast and either paint, coat or chrome engine parts to really make your engine stand out.
- Electrical repair. Classic cars are often notorious for electrical problems. So if it’s a blown fuse or a complete rewire, we have the skills to help.
- Power steering. Missing from many classics, we can install fluid power steering or electrical power steering to your car.
- Brakes and suspension. Bring your classic into the 20th Century with uprated brakes and suspension.
We work closely with local experts we have experience with to be able to also offer the additional services of:
- A/C installation. Don’t suffer the heat anymore without an A/C, we can arrange design and fitting of bespoke solutions to most cars.
- Interiors. Repair and/or replacement of seat fabric, leather, headliners, carpets.
- Exhausts. We arrange repair of systems, installation of replacement systems or manufacture of custom systems.
Most enthusiasts will supply the parts themselves for which we will be happy to install. Alternatively, we can assist you in sourcing parts online. We have particular expertise in British classic car parts, however, we can assist for anything else. If its available anywhere, we can get it for you.
We will be showcasing some projects we have completed below. However, please drop in and show us your car and we can advise you on fulfilling your needs.
Porsche 911 Carrera 4S (993)
The last of the air-cooled 911’s, these cars have appreciated dramatically over the last few years. This particular car needed repairs to rusted areas due to water ingress below the front screen and due to a blocked sunroof drain causing damage to the rear panel. All rusted metal was removed and new metal welded in place. The list of work included
- Full body restoration and paint
- Full wheel restoration and paint
- Sunroof repair
- Engine repair
- Interior leather repair
1966 Ford F350 Pick-Up
This pick-up came to us in a bad state and a nut and bolt restoration was required. Not only was there extensive corrosion which needed replacing with new panels; the original ford engine and manual transmission were beyond repair.
A summary of the work carried out includes.
- Blasting and repaint of chassis, suspension and brakes
- Complete refurbishment of bed by removal of rusted areas and insertion of new panels, removal of steel floor and replacement with wooden panels.
- Replacement of engine with a Chevrolet 350 including swapping cross members and fabrication of new engine mounts
- Installation of Chevrolet automatic gearbox
- Fabrication of new propeller shaft
- Installation of floor mounted shifter
- Installation of power steering (not installed originally)
- Installation of air-conditioning (not installed originally). Included a new blower unit inside the cab.
- Fabrication of handbrake assembly as the old unit was floor mounted and acted on the gearbox and not the rear wheels. A new custom design was installed to act on the rear drums and activated by a new floor mounted foot operated pedal.
- Complete repaint of cab inside and out.
- Complete repaint of bed
- Complete rewiring
- Re-chroming lots of brightwork
- Replacement of all bolts with stainless steel bolts
- Installation of new instrumentation including GPS speedometer, fuel gauge, temp gauge, charging gauge and rev counter.
- Reupholstery of interior
- New custom radiator
- New custom exhaust
Below is a section of pictures taken during the build. Many more pictures than can fit here are available at our offices.